Sunday, November 30, 2008

Flickr & Photo Sharing

Wow! What a fantastic site of photos of everything imaginable. I can see why the Library of Congress is using this to help identify several photographs in their collections. I personally like the idea of being able to use the privacy settings so viewing can be limited if desired. I will recommend this site to many of our artistic patrons at the library. I have helped several artists and students search for photographs in books and magazines for special projects. I often use Google images and will now add Flickr to my list of suggestions.

1 comment:

aacpltrepp said...

What a great suggestion for applying this Web 2.0 tool, sharing with artists for photos, pictures to use for ideas in art or graphics projects. I don't think anyone else has mentioned this during this project!